Powered By Blogger

Sunday

Bad uncle

Poor Mickey, his siblings are always dying. Mickey asked Billy and I to pray that his sister wont die until September, so that he can get a week off school. Mickey promised us that if we pray for his sister, we will invite us both to the funeral where there is lots of food. Mickey's sister dies in September but doesn't invite us to the funeral like we were told. This made me very upset but Mickey soon died after. Grandma convinced me to work for uncle Pat delivering news papers which made Mam happy but I am not happy about the fact that uncle Pat doesn't treat me well and pays me poorly. This is not any help. Mam had a new baby, she named it Alphonsus, a name that I don't like. The baby almost died by choking on a dry piece of milk but Mam's neighbour friend Bridey saved the baby. Grandpa was nice enough to send us a check for the baby. Mam sent dad to cash the check but told Malachy and I to go with him to be sure dad doesn't spend it at the pub. Even though we went with Dad, he still ended up spending all the money at the pub. Because of this, I am forced to steal fish and chips for dinner. Mam will be very upset.